In the few short years that I’ve been an author, I’ve gotten to know and come into contact with some amazing authors. I was fortunate enough to work on an anthology with this wonderful woman. She’s been more than willing to give me feedback and answer any question I’ve thrown her way. I have come to love and adore her. She was one of the first people to immediately say “yes” when I came begging for authors to sign up for this. I couldn’t have been happier with the outcome of this project of mine. Without further pomp, here is my interview with Samantha Chase.
EK: Thank you so very much for being willing to sign up to do this interview. I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to get to know you, share your thoughts, and highlight your work.
- EK: What is your pen name?
- Is it different from the name on your birth certificate?
- How did you come up with your pen name?
Samantha Chase: I write under the pen name of Samantha Chase – and yes, it’s different from what is on my birth certificate. My last name gets mangled all the time and I never liked my first name so it was cool to actually choose a name! I kept my initials and I realized that all the years I was writing as a hobby, I was drawn to the name Samantha. So I figured, why not? And I wanted a fairly generic last name that everyone would be able to pronounce.
- EK: Does your work fit into one genre? If not, tell us about it. If so, do the same.
Samantha Chase: I am a strictly contemporary romance gal.
- EK: What is the title of your most recent or upcoming release?
Samantha Chase: My next release is Love Walks In – book two in my Shaughnessy Brothers series.
- EK: What inspired this work?
Samantha Chase: I honestly don’t know if I had a specific inspiration for this story. Each of the brothers in the series is dealing with the loss of their mother in their own way and I wanted to create a hero who was very OCD and give him a woman who was going to turn his world upside down. Although, there is a secondary character who is really based on someone I know and he helped shape some of the storyline.
- EK: What is your favorite thing about writing?
Samantha Chase: I love creating happy endings and getting to write in a genre that I love to read.
EK: Now for the fun stuff …
- EK: What is your favorite snack while taking a much needed author break?
Samantha Chase: Chips Ahoy cookies with milk!
- EK: The house is on fire, what are you grabbing if your family is safe and sound?
Samantha Chase: My pug Maylene and my computer!
- EK: What is your “go to” movie, book, or show?
Samantha Chase: I will basically watch anything on HGTV. Love that channel. Movie – depends on my mood. And book? I will read Nora Roberts “The Return of Rafe MacKade” or Sandra Brown’s “22 Indigo Place” over and over again.
- EK: Who is one of your favorite authors? Why?
Samantha Chase: Nora Roberts – for obvious reasons. She’s amazing. Bella Andre – she really hooked me with her Sullivan family. Love those books!
- EK: Bonus => Have you ever read a book that had you questioning why you were having such a reaction to fictional characters? What book was it?
Samantha Chase: I have read PLENTY of books like that! I get very emotionally attached to the characters. In “Mine for Tonight” by J.S. Scott, her hero – Simon Hudson – had me all over the place. I hated him, I felt sorry for him. He was sexy, he was annoying and yet that is another book I will go back to again and again because she created such a compelling character!
As always, I am forever grateful for every author that took time out of their busy writing schedules to answer questions from little old me. Samantha Chase, we will definitely have to do this again! ❤