Today is Day Three of my daily posts of something new about me or “Get to know the author”. I was advised of a list that I will possibly deviate from or follow to the letter. I’m a rebel and follow my own course.
Yesterday’s post was about pet peeves. I revealed my top three and why. If you missed it, then feel free to go back and check it out.
Ten interesting facts about yourself?
- My all time favorite movie is Ever After, starring Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott
- My pen name used to be E.L.R. Jones but I grew bored of people not being able to find me because they mixed me up with E.L. James. (if only I could have her stardom and sales)
- I have two middle names and have two different stories on how they became my middle names (one from my mother and one from my father)
- My hair hasn’t been one fluid color in about twenty years (My natural color is dark brown but I haven’t seen that color in I don’t know how long)
- I listen to all types of music: club, techno, gospel, classical, r&b, hip hop, dance, folk, jazz, blues. You can find a song from just about any genre on my music player
- I am one of the people I know of my race that do NOT eat the following: mashed potatoes, watermelon, green beans and chitterlings. I will actually physically fight a person for attempting to make me eat those things. (I’ve been asked if I was sure I was black on several occasions for this and many other reasons)
- I have an obsession with salty and sweet combinations. I really and truly enjoy the mix.
- I repeatedly watch movies and read books.
- The books I read are either hard cover or on kindle. I’m a “purist” in the sense that I refuse to crack the spine on my paperbacks.
- I sleep on bed covered in purple, bathe with a towel that is purple and my hair products come in purple bottles.
Day Three complete!
Feel free to ask me a question or post a comment. It is truly welcomed! 🙂
Ellie Keys is an author of contemporary romance, paranormal romance and mystery. She spends a great deal of her time lending her unrelenting pen to the voices that have taken over her mind. The characters that readers will find in her works have a demanding nature. Ellie is thrilled to be able to share the stories from the wealth of works that she has created.
She lives in Georgia with her son. Her loves outside of writing are reading a good book and losing herself in a great movie. Inspiration comes from everything around her. There is a great deal in store for lovers of romance lovers and suspense seekers.